2/03/2012

A Winter Wonderland in Ispra, Italy

 David and Jessica had to dress warmly for the snow

In my last week with Clare and Jessica in Italy, we were surrounded by a winter wonderland. Fortunately we were warm and cosy inside their apartment, while outside the temperatures plummeted. David joined us for my last few days and we flew back to Istanbul together.


We could see from Clare's window that no one would be 
playing on the tennis courts this week


Fortunately, I had bought a pair of snow boots.
They are very warm, with a good tread.


I took a walk to look at the scenery. This is the same 
farmhouse I photographed for a previous post.


This horse was looking suspiciously at all this white stuff
that had suddenly appeared


We walked to the little village of Ispra, and rewarded ourselves 
with delicious cakes and cappuccinos in a delightful café

We had such a wonderful time in Italy, that we were sad to leave. Here's to the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your thoughts on any aspect of my blog.

Press Centre

Press Centre
I couldn't resist this one!