8/23/2013

30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 18


Cookies work with web browsers, so sites can remember you and your preferences. 
For example, if you search for travel, you will see travel ads popping up.

In today's 30 Day Blog Challenge, we get down to how to make money with a blog. One way is to use affiliate marketing. So the question is, "What does your dream sales team look like and how will you ensure they help you build your business?"

Basically, affiliate marketing is when you advertise someone else's product, by writing an article or review about it, with a link to their page. When your customer goes to their page and takes some sort of action, you would earn a commission. In this way, you become part of their sales team, as you are advertising their product.

However, it is important to maintain the trust of your tribe, by only advertising products you know and trust yourself, otherwise you can lose your followers, as they will lose their faith in you.

As my website will be about helping retirees to enjoy life, and make enough money to supplement their pension, my dream sales team would be the ones who will promote my products as I promote theirs. I would be looking at affiliates in health, travel, and small businesses that can be run location independently. Added to this would be affiliates who can help those interested in setting up their own blogs, like Natalie, The Suitcase Entrepreneur.

I am slowly building my new website, one brick at a time. Maybe I can make this vision my reality. I do hope so.

30 day challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your thoughts on any aspect of my blog.

Press Centre

Press Centre
I couldn't resist this one!