8/09/2014

Australian Countryside, Upper Hunter, NSW


The Australian Countryside

It is easy to love the Australian countryside, especially that of the Upper Hunter Valley. The view from my daughter Suzi's house is quite stunning, as you can see from the image above.


Of course, one disadvantage could be that this is the road out from their house, 
and it's quite a while before they hit a tarred road.


My Granddaughter, Katelyn, is a true country girl, who loves the outdoors. 
Here, Grandpa is helping her collect some sticks, so she can show him how to make a campfire.


And here she is beginning to build her fire, as Grandpa and her faithful dog look on.


Katelyn's dog, Tinker


Here is the beginnings of the campfire that Katelyn built by herself. 
Very good, for a five-year-old! 
(Of course, she is still too young to be allowed to light it herself!)

Part of country living is the ability to see a wide selection of wildlife. Every night we saw thousands of flying foxes. But they fly so fast in the dying rays of light, that I was unable to get a shot of them.


Fortunately, I was able to get an image of these Rainbow Lorikeets...


...and the ubiquitous kangaroo.


And here is the end to another perfect day in Australia.

by Elizabeth Coughlan

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos and the writing. I will be in Australia in March 2015. Will be spending 4 days in Sydney and then cruising to other Australian cities, Fiji and New Zealand. Will be away from home for 30 days. I look forward to seeing Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. What a wonderful trip you have planned. I look forward to seeing your photos of the trip. It sounds wonderful!

      Delete

I would love to have your thoughts on any aspect of my blog.

Press Centre

Press Centre
I couldn't resist this one!